Serial Entrepreneur, Investor, Philanthropist
- B.Sc from Varna University of Economics in Marketing and Management.
- M.Sc from Sofia University in Mathematics and Informatics, e-Education.
- Doctorate in Medical University of Varna – Ph.D thesis Digital Solutions for Managing Health and Social Challenges.
- Serial Entrepreneur with proven success record in developing business ventures in multicultural and challenging business environments.
- Investor in tech companies with special interests and experience in Impact Investments in Healthcare, AI, IoT and as well as in eSports, VR and Real Estates.
- Sitting on the board of a number of companies in different locations around the world.
- Founder and Executive Chairman of Webit.Foundation and the Global Webit Series. Webit stands for a one of the largest global communities of digerati, academic, policy and enterprise leaders, investors and founders from over 100 countries. Webit also hosts events (5 annually in Sofia, Istanbul, Dubai, Singapore and New Delhi) attended by several thousand to 15 000 business people, academia leaders and policy makers from all around the world.
- Member of a number of international academic, IT, marketing and non-profit organizations and trade associations.
- Experienced consultant on the emerging markets digital agenda, e-governance and IT with more than 20 years experience.
- Board member of Endeavor Bulgaria.
THOUGHT LEADERSHIP & EDITORIAL
- „Sofia – Digital Capital of the New Markets“ is a brainchild of Plamen Russev. The Project is positioning Sofia as a digital and tech hub for the CEE region and beyond. The project is endorsed by the President of Bulgaria, H.E Rossen Plevneliev, the Mayor of Sofia, Mrs. H.E. Yordanka Fandakova and the city council of Sofia. See the coverage by the global business bible Forbes.
- Author of „10 predictions for the next ten years“.
- Author of the book „Power to the People“ (bestseller in Bulgaria).
- Author of industry reports.
- Author of the "New Doctrine for Intelligence Specialisation of the countries from the CEE region".
SELECTED AWARDS & HONOURS
- Awarded by Financial Times, Google, Respublica and Vishegrad Fund among the 100 New Europe Innovators.
- Special Awards for overal commitment to the develpment of the digital economy of Bulgaria by BWA.
- Award by the Government of New Zealand.
- A number of international Digital Industry awards.
- Best Selling Author - business literature for the book Power to the People.
- Doctor Honoris Causa of „Chernorizetz Hrabar“ University. Plamen Russev was given the honorary degree of "Doctor Honoris Causa" by the University for for boosting the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Bulgaria and building links between Academia and Industry. The honorary title was also given for his commitment to support the implementation of new and innovative forms of education, providing huge amount of knowledge for the new economy and the forth industrial revolution and growing the entrepreneurial ecosystem of Bulgaria as well as for his commitment for establishing Bulgaria as a Digital and Tech hub for CEE.
GOVERNMENTS AND PROJECTS
- Working as partner of governments and their initiatives in Bulgaria, Turkey, Dubai, Singapore and India for boosting entrepreneurial ecosystems, innovation, technology transfer; building links between academia and industry; attracting investors, entrepreneurs and enterprise to the selected locations
- Plamen Russev is given an official mandate by the Minister of Economy to connect the Ministry with leading global enterprises and exploring the opportunity to attract them to explore and establish business ventures in the country.
- Plamen Russev has been a board member of the Consultative Committee to the Ministry of IT and Telecommunications of Bulgaria.
IN THE MEDIA
- Plamen Russev is featured in hundreds of international and local media and blogs including Bloomberg, CNBCe, Forbes, Venture Beat, CNN Turk, Bulgarian National TV, Nova TV, bTV and was on the cover of .BG Innovator Magazine and Economy Magazine. Below are some of the cover stories.
- Happily married to the most wonderful girl in the world (Aniela Ruseva) and father of 2 boys (Simon and Yoann).
From my Blog
Download (TIF)Photo High Resolution
Download (PDF)Webit Logo
Download (PDF)eAcademy Logo
Download (PNG)Soaciable Logo
In The News
Is Sofia The Real Digital Capital Of The New Markets?
Cover of .BG Innovator magazine:
Title: Mission Bulgaria
Cover of Economy Magazine:
Title: Let's turn Bulgaria into tech leader
From DJs to CEOs: the meteoric rise of Global #Webit Congress
Arabian Business Magazine:
Race against the time
Others about Plamen Russev
“Plamen is a natural leader with a strong vision for the development of the Internet industry across the CEE region.”
Anthony Psacharopoulos, Senior Vice President, comScore, Inc.
“Plamen is a top performer in Education & Promotion of Internet in Eastern Europe. He is a person of choice if you plan to introduce yourself or your company to the emerging markets"
Diego Semprún de Castellane, Managing Director, EMEA Emerging Markets, Nielsen Online
“A charismatic leader and visionary evangelist in the digital industry, Plamen has created not only a great conference but more importantly a community of business and thought-leaders in the EMEA region to collectively accelerate the growth of digital and innovation.”
Andy Chen, Vice President of Digital Sales and Media, MTV Europe / Viacom Brand Solutions International
“Plamen has become a focal point for the rapidly growing Central and Eastern European digital industry. Through activities such as the excellent Webit Congress, and because of his energy, collaborative approach and vision, he is both speeding the growth of this sector and bringing valuable international awareness and interest. I am honoured to know him.”
Tom Bowman, VP Strategy and Operations, BBC Worldwide
“Plamen is an impressive pioneer/evangelist for the online industry in Region. He is a very important driver of the industry in the region with a very strong vision and a focus on doing businesses on scale which is especially important in a region that consists of a lot of countries.”
Steffen Ehrhardt, Project Manager & Product Specialist Emerging Markets, Google
Plamen Russev is one of the pioneers and he works for the sake of Bulgaria to help the country build its reputation in the digiatl and tech fields. His vision for the digital future of Bulgaria is also mine!
Rossen Plevneliev, President of Republic of Bulgaria
“A trully professional energizer for the Digital Industry in the entire Region”
Alain Heureux, President, IAB Europe and Belgium
- Leader Talks with Plamen Rusev and guest host Desi Boshnakova
- The public lecture, part of the official ceremony awarding Plamen Russev with the title Doctors Honoris Causa of Chernorizetz Hrabar University, Varna (part 1)
- The public lecture, part of the official ceremony awarding Plamen Russev with the title Doctors Honoris Causa of Chernorizetz Hrabar University, Varna (part 2)
- WEBIT.FESTIVAL 2016: Opening Keynote by Plamen Russev
- WEBIT.FESTIVAL 2016: Special Ceremony announcing the winner of Webit’s Founders Games
- Opening Keynote by Plamen Russev, CEEDS'15 by Webit
- Game Changers
- Presenting at Webit Congress Stage on the topic Power to the people - the new marketing
Using Social networks for marketing
- Social Media Marketing - Brands Talking
- "The future of Digital Advertising " with Plamen Russev
- Interview with Alain Heureux and Plamen Russev
IAB Bulgaria - Possibilities and Challenges
- SeeMe 2010 - Music and social networks
SeeMe 2010 - Music in digital environment
TV interviews and coverage
- Bloomberg TV: Plamen Russev (Webit.Foundation) presents Bulgaria for the first time as part of the unofficial agenda of World Economic Forum
- Bulgarian National TV: Technology and innovations, Sofia - The digital capital
- DarikNews: Sofia is the digital capital of the new markets
- CNBC-e Turkey: Turkish ICT scene and the digital industry in the emerging markets
- Bulgarian National TV: Bulgaria need dreamers - interview with Plamen Russev
- Your Business Magazine: Interview with Plamen Russev
- Bulgarian National TV: Technolofy of the future
- Nova TV: Special device that can read the mind
- Bulgarian National TV: Plamen Russev (Webit.Foundation) presents Bulgaria for the first time as part of the unofficial agenda of World Economic Forum
- Plamen Russev about Digit MENA Conference 2015
- Nova TV: Plamen Russev in The Topic of Nova
- ReTv: Interview with Plamen Russev
- CNN Turk: Plamen Russev about Webit Congress
- NTV: Plamen Russev about Webit Congress
- Nova TV: Webit combines the technology of the future and present
- Bulgarian National TV: How to get a promotion at work? What will work in 5 years? How will you look business?
- bTV: E-governance - the future of Bulgaria
- bTV: How does technology help people live well
- Webit Congress 2012: Interview with Plamen Russev
- bTV: Plamen Russev about Digital Marketing
- Webit Congress 2011: Interview with Plamen Russev
- Webit Congress 2011: Interview with Plamen Russev (in bulgarian)
Bulgarian National TV: Plamen Russev about Webit Congress 2011
- Bulgarian National TV: Is it possible agitation on Facebook in the day before elections
- Bulgarian National TV: Commentary about social networks including Plamen Russev
- Bulgarian National TV: Politics and social networks
- Bulgarian National TV: Interview with Plamen Russev about Webit Congress 2011
Bulgarian National TV: Interview with Plamen Russev about Webit Congress 2011
Nova TV: Plamen Russev about social networkds
- Jobs.bg: What will be the media and advertising agencies in five years?
- Bulgarian National TV: Late night show - Power of the social network
bTV: Plamen Russev and Blake Vhandlee - What's good in Facebook?
- bTV: Within two years we can pay online to the administration - by Plamen Rusev
bTV: How internet change bulgarian business - Webit 2012
bTV: Inovative solutions on internet - Webit 2012
- bTV: E-governance – the future of Bulgaria
JoBTiger.tv: Plamen Russev about Webit Congress: Do not be afraid of failure
- Svejo.tv: Plamen Russev about his book Power to the people - the new marketing
- Nova TV: Pamen Russev & Marvin Liao about Webit Congress 2011
- TV7: Plamen Russev about social networks and digital business in Bulgaria
- TV7: Plamen Russev about social networks - "Power to the people"
Webit Expo: Interview with Plamen Russev and Lyubomir Lekov
- Nova Vizia: Plamen Russev about his book "Power to the people - the new marketing"
- Plamen Russev about digital marketing
Power to the people - the new marketing
The best selling book "Power to the People - the new marketing" is a guide to creating online identity and engaging in conversation. It reveals a step-by-step process of successfully using social media for business.
In the first part @Plamen Russev explains the social media phenomenon. The second part provides precise guidelines to creating both a personal profile and a brand page. Althouh we all know how to do that, if you read the book you'll understand why some are more successful than others. The third part is dedicated to a comprehensive plan for creating a social media marketing strategy. The forth and last part of the book provides proven tools and solutions of successful online reputation management.
"Power to the people - the new marketing" is published by e-Academy - the EU-certified educational institution for professional online business and digital marketing education.